Congratulation Kevin Buck!
A big congratulations goes out to Kevin Buck for passing the exams to become a Certified Irrigation Contractor.
Certified irrigation contractors install, maintain and repair irrigation systems. CICs:
- Execute irrigation projects to meet all specifications and requirements.
- Prepare installation sites, including layout, staking, excavation, boring, trenching, grading and back-filling.
- Cut and join pipe, know the limitations of different piping systems, and understand basic hydraulics.
- Lay out and install piping and water delivery components; backflow prevention components; mechanical, hydraulic and electrical irrigation controls; and other irrigation system components.
- Troubleshoot and repair irrigation components and systems.
- Understand good business practices; construction contracts and their legal rights and obligations; and licensing laws and codes in their state.
You can learn more about this important certification and the time commitment that is required to pass it by visiting the Irrigation Association's website at: http://www.irrigation.org/cic/